Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
The Joint Benefice of Winchelsea and Icklesham
- The Rector and PCC are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all members of the congregation and all those who use the Church, particularly children and young people.
- Work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church community. The PCC is committed to implementing and supporting Diocesan procedures concerned with the safeguarding and protection of children.
- The PCC will ensure that:
a. Ministers, volunteers and paid workers who work with children receive background checks using the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and appropriate training will be arranged through the Diocese.
b. Any incident or complaint concerning a child or young person, for whom the Churches are responsible, will be investigated without delay.
c. They cooperate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
d. Pastoral care is offered to anyone who has suffered abuse.
e. Care and supervision is provided to any member of the church community known to have offended against a child.
- This policy will be reviewed annually and procedures, particularly in relation to DBS checks, will be updated.
- The Church of England policy document ‘Protecting all God’s Children’ and the Diocesan policy document ‘The Care and Protection of Children’ are available via the website www.winchelseachurch.co.uk
- The Parish Safeguarding Officer and Child Protection Coordinator is:
Name: David Jefferies
Address: Wee Five, Sea Road, Winchelsea Beach TNB36 4LH
Telephone: 01797 222904
Signed in original by the Incumbent and Churchwardens
Date: April 2016